Monday, August 18, 2014

Nogent to Nancy

Les Tuilleries

Cover Photo for "Preach My Gospel"

District Meeting with our number of
transfers!

Elder Mahlieu is going home!
Bonjour!  I hope you have all had as good a week as I had!  It was full of so many miracles and it was great being surrounded by people who are the amazing!  I feel so lucky to have met them during my mission.  I found out on Saturday that I will be leaving to go to Nancy, France.  It is about 300 km east of Paris and is a big city. There will be 6 missionaries there - 4 Elders and 2 Sisters.  I've heard so many good things about it and how pretty it is.  My companion is Elder Gram from Germany who speaks four or five different languages.  This should be an awesome transfer.

Last Monday after emails we took off and went and saw Place de la Concorde, Les Tuilleries, Laduree - famous for their pastries, and then finished up by going to the opera.  It was an awesome P-Day to say the least.  Laduree invented the Macaroon and I got a pistachio macaroon with creme, pistachios, strawberries and raspberries and man was it delicious.  I had to have another one so I got a little caramel macaroon.  I'll let the pictures do the talking!
L'Opera
Elder Kusseling - Our Ward Mission Leader
He Chose the Pose!
Jackie's friends from Tahiti
Laduree Macaroon...worth every euro!

Tuesday we had our last district meeting before transfers.  We did a picture with  each of us holding a card showing how many transfers we have been here.  We even took one with us in our African Boubous holding Elder Mahlieu since he is going home :(

After district meeting we went contacting by the gare and the last person we contacted was Mery!  We talked to her and got her contact information and set up a rendez-vous for Thursday.  After a long spell of "not interested", "too busy", "going out of town", the Lord blessed us big time!  On Thursday we showed up and Mery was there with her 14 year old son, Gabi, her 12 year old nephew, John, who lives with them, and one of  Gabi's friends.  We had an awesome lesson and at the end John asked if we could come back everyday.  Mery said, "Not everyday but how about Saturday?"  On Saturday we arrived and her husband was there and interested to hear too.  We taught the rest of the restoration and it went so good and the spirit was so strong.  John asked again when we could back and the parents said next Saturday so they could both be there.  John thought that was too long so they made it work out and we are going back tomorrow night to teach them again.  Such an awesome family and we're super excited to teach them the gospel!

This week we worked with our recent converts and less actives.  They are all progressing so well.  We were able to have some cool experiences.  Joe and Alberto are doing awesome and Frere Malasse is working hard to get back to the temple and is working on his family search!

We met with members and their friends and on Saturday we had an awesome lesson with Jackie's friend from Tahiti.  We taught him and his wife the restoration and they want to hear more.  Rai, the husband, said when he had read the Book of Mormon, that Jackie gave him, he really felt something.  We went to the Angulos and were able to teach their son's girlfriend and give her a Book of Mormon.  She said she'd read and talk to us again.  We helped with a move of one of our members and then spent the night talking with our ward mission leader.  We went and made visits and met a less active that we were able to have a spiritual thought with.  He asked for us to keep on visiting him.

That's all I have time to share but it was a great week and I'll be sad to leave all these awesome people who I've come to love so much.  

Wednesday morning the craziness begins.  I'll be off on a train to Nancy, meet my companion and then we'll be off to the races.  I hope you all have a great week and always remember how much I love you all.

Here's my new address:
Les Missionnaries
Elder Chase Player
B.P. 614d 13/15, Blvd. Joffre
54000 Nancy
France

If you have a minute and can drop me line I would LOVE to hear from you!
Love...Elder Player

































No comments:

Post a Comment